Monday, January 6, 2014

Christmas in Cold Mexico

We arrived to my parent's home in Mexico late on December 27th. After so many hours in the car we welcomed the ability to walk into a house- our new house. Honestly, it is a little bit strange to be in a Spanish-speaking country with my parents and not have it be Honduras. Though Saltillo is very different from Honduras, it has been such a blessing to see where my parents have been called. God has so blessed their ministry here by bringing them couples to work with to start Bible studies and small groups. I am so proud of them!

And as my  sister shows in her post, our time was full of puzzles, food, fun, and... well... um.. randomness :D "So...my night: I went to heat up some dinner, and the plate split in half, so my planned meal of stroganoff became a bowl of cereal and a little salad. I wanted dressing on my salad, and Tita Dunbar was kind enough to pull out the bottle of Ranch. It was empty. I threw it away and looked for another bottle of dressing. We had Italian still in the fridge. I pulled it out: only a few drops of dressing left. I put what I could on my salad and decided it was healthier that way anyway. Later, I went down to grab a mini cinnamon roll (made out of leftover pie crust) for dessert. It was stuck to the bottom of the pan, so I ran a blade underneath to loosen it. It loosened. Two cinnamon rolls shot out of the pan, into the air, and between the counter and the stove. Ordinarily, this wouldn't be such a big deal, but there is about a quarter-inch of space between the siding on the counters and the stove. There's no room to move the stove. Tita and I spent about 1/2 an hour maneuvering with her thinner fingers, a broom handle, and a pair of tongs before we were finally able to get both cinnamon rolls out and into the open again. And then we realized that the top of the broom handle had fallen off in that space, so we had to maneuver again. Apparently I was not supposed to eat tonight...- Charith"

1 comment: